Criteria for Eligibility
Our goal is to enroll students who will benefit from a Montessori education. In the classrooms there is a broad cross-section of children representing different socio-economic, religious, cultural, racial and ability groups. Age is only one factor for admission to each level. Developmental readiness is also considered, and all applicants are considered in terms of space availability and classroom dynamics. Applicants to the Children’s House are accepted on a first-come, first served basis. However, the school strives to balance the classes in terms of gender and age. In such an environment, we see children completing work cycles, exercising grace and courtesy and showing a joy of learning.
The school and parents are viewed as partners in the educational care of children, with shared values and educational goals. Prospective parents are invited to schedule an observation in the classroom by calling the school office. Parents who are unfamiliar with Montessori education are strongly encouraged to observe the classroom and meet with the Head of School for an orientation into Montessori methods and education.
Additional Admissions Information:
- Special consideration is given to applicants with siblings currently enrolled in Oak Grove, to students with prior Montessori experience, and to staff children.
- All children over five years of age are interviewed by the Head of School before admission to the school.
- All parents meet with the Head of School.
- Copies of any educational or psychological testing reports must be submitted before admission to the school.
- Oak Grove abides by the Americans with Disabilities Act and other related state and federal laws. A child with disabilities will be considered for admission, unless accommodation would result in an undue burden.
- Requests for enrollment applications are taken by telephone, in person and online.
- An information packet consisting of our brochure, stating the philosophy and objectives of a Montessori education and an Oak Grove education, a fee and payment schedule, and additional information will be mailed or given to the interested parents.
- Observation of a class by prospective parents is required.
- Upon receipt of the application, the application fee and all other requested information is required. Oak Grove will respond to the applicants within 30 days.
- At the time of acceptance, you will receive several forms that must be completed and returned to the school by the child’s start date. These forms include: health, immunization and medical authorization forms, emergency contact cards, and allergy profile sheets. A tuition deposit is due at this time, equal to one month’s tuition in your child’s chosen classroom